Posts Tagged ‘ Cell Phone Information ’
With all the tablet developments recently, what we’re seeing is not only growth in enterprise spending because of tablet adoption by consumers but additional products and services are seeing a boost as well.
Novatel Wireless’ suite of embedded modules provides solutions to integrate high-speed data connectivity into notebooks, netbooks, tablets and other portable entertainment devices. Commercial availability of the express notebook line is expected in this final quarter 2011.
U.S. Cellular launched its first smartphone running Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 program, the HTC 7 Pro. The device promises to be the first in a series of windows based products. U.S. Cellular said that by year-end it will release seven new smartphones running Google’s Android platform (including one LTE smartphone), two tablets as well as the 7 Pro.
U.S. Cellular, which operates in 26 states and counts around 6 million subscribers, will sell the 7 Pro for $199.99 with a two-year contract and after a $100 mail-in rebate.
For Microsoft, the expansion into the Tier 2 carrier space is certainly a welcome sign as its Windows Phone platform matures. Microsoft has planned a strong overseas push in the second half of the year for the platform, and could get additional service from Tier 2 carriers within the United States.
Along with all this progress, connection speeds and connectivity tend to continue to be troublesome. There are now cell phone boosters available to get (and keep) your connection through services such as Wilson Electronics from about $150. The reviews are still coming whether it works well enough to justify the cost.
About Wireless Toyz
Named a “Wireless Superstore” by journalists across the country, Wireless Toyz offers cell phone users a unique retail environment where they are able to pick and choose different mobile packages. At Wireless Toyz, shoppers are able to review wireless plans from nationwide providers, conveniently comparing and contrasting mobile programs from Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, Virgin, and other companies.
Founded by entrepreneur and businessman Joe Barbat, Wireless Toyz has grown significantly since its establishment in 1998, due to a profitable business model and a corporate commitment to selling a wide range of brands. Joe Barbat built Wireless Toyz with the intention of giving consumers choice in communication tools, applications, and accessories, all in one location. In addition to carrying a comprehensive line of mobile phones and programs, Wireless Toyz offers satellite television plans from recognized providers, including DirecTV.
CEO and Chairman Joe Barbat has ambitious plans to turn Wireless Toyz back into the nationally recognized name it once was. Found in 15 states across the country, Joe Barbat started Wireless Toyz in a stand-alone kiosk in his father’s video rental store as a teenager. Citing his father as one of the most influential figures in his life, Joe Barbat developed his skills as a self-made business professional from watching and learning from his father, who is himself a lifelong entrepreneur.Continue Reading »
Fascinating Wireless Facts
1. U.S. has the highest minutes of use (MOUs) per month per user and the lowest average revenue per minute of service of the 26 OECD countries tracked by Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
2. The FCC’s consumer survey released in June 2010 found that, “92% of cell phone users are very or somewhat satisfied with their cell phone service overall.”
3. Wireless economic contributions have grown faster (16%) than the rest of the economy (3%).
4. 3G technology has been deployed to areas covering more than 92% of the U.S. population.
5. Despite having 6% of global wireless subscribers, the U.S. is home to more than 21% of global 3G subscribers.
6. The U.S. has more unique 3G subscribers (123.2 million) than the five largest EU countries combined (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK).
7. Under revised Horizontal Merger guidelines by DOJ and FTC, U.S. is the only wireless market among the 26 OECD countries not classified as “highly concentrated.”
8. At the end of 2009, the average revenue per minute in the U.S. was $0.04. Across Europe’s developed countries, the average revenue per minute was $0.16. As a result, the average wireless consumer in Europe used just 160 minutes a month compared to over 824 minutes a month for the U.S.
9. The wireless industry directly/indirectly employs >2.4 million Americans.
10. In 2009, U.S. providers reported making capital investments totaling $20.4 billion, which was more than the providers in the 5 largest European countries (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK) spent combined ($17.9 billion).
Facts courtesy of The International Association for the Wireless Telecommunications Industry (CTIA.org).
Wireless Toyz History
Led by CEO and founder Joe Barbat, Wireless Toyz is a family of retail franchises selling cellular devices and accessories. Wireless Toyz allows shoppers to choose from a broad range of phones and compare service providers to ensure that they select the best products to meet their needs.
Joe Barbat first conceived of a business bringing together several different service providers at a very young age. After discerning a growing market for wireless products, Joe Barbat opened a pager kiosk, the predecessor to Wireless Toyz, in his father’s video store. From that time on, steadily increasing revenues enabled Joe Barbat to expand operations to his own location, then to franchising in 2001.
In 2007, Wireless Toyz was acquired by a private equity firm. After Wireless Toyz underwent a number of negative impacts in 2008 and 2009, Joe Barbat regained ownership of the company and is currently employing his versatile, results-driven leadership to re-aligning it. Under Joe Barbat’s guidance, Wireless Toyz aims to regain its status as a nationally recognized name.
Philanthropic efforts remain of the highest importance to Joe Barbat and Wireless Toyz. When Wireless Toyz celebrated its 10th anniversary, the company donated proceeds from the sales of a new store in Texas to the Miracle League of Frisco, and Joe Barbat has used his work with Wireless Toyz to benefit a variety of other organizations.
Wireless Toyz is located in Southfield, Michigan. For more information about the company and the products and services available at the nearest Wireless Toyz location, visit www.wirelesstoyz.com.
Continue Reading »
Wireless Toyz has launched a corporate blog that is designed to provide information about products, services, and more in the wireless retail industry. Fans of the organization follow the blog because new content about smart phone and mobile phone features are regularly released by Wireless Toyz.
The new blog also has the following features:
- Specials on accessories that you can find at your favorite Wireless Toyz location.
- Specials on name-brand accessories that you can find at your favorite Wireless Toyz location.
- A complete listing of the quality services offered at each Wireless Toyz location.
- A store locator feature that will allow you to quickly find a Wireless Toyz location in your area.
- Regular updates about the most current information about mobile and cellular phones.
“We believe that providing timely updates and information to our customers and followers will prove to be a tremendous value to them and the phones that they use on a daily basis,” said Founder Joe Barbat.
About Wireless Toyz
Named one of the fastest growing franchises of 2007 by Entrepreneur magazine, Wireless Toyz ranked as number 352 in the same publication’s Entrepreneur Franchise 500 list of that same year and advanced to number 169 in 2008. Built on the principles of convenience and variety, Joe Barbat’s Wireless Toyz stores have prospered because of the company’s unique concept. Wireless Toyz features one-stop shopping, allowing wireless users to compare and contrast cell phone plans by Sprint, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, Cricket as well as other providers. Additionally, each Wireless Toyz store is owned and operated by a competent wireless phone expert, providing customers with a comprehensive resource for information and questions.Continue Reading »